Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wausau Wedding


Did I ever share my sister wedding flowers with you?  

Michelle and Simon were married in March and I insisted on two things:  I would be her Matron of Honor and I would be doing all her flowers.  Of course, she said YES!  The challenge was, she lives in Wausau, WI.  How was Bank of Memories & Flowers going to set up shop three hours way? 

Back at the shop in Menomonee Falls, we did as much as we could.   I loaded up the shop van and took the drive.  I got there a day early to survey the site.  Where were all these flowers going to go for the night?  The reception site was not available till tomorrow and they would freeze in the car. Yes! my hotel room.  AND it smelled amazing!  
The day of the wedding was a blur; setting up a satellite shop at 6am and making sure to do my Matron of Honor duties. 

My sister Michelle had fashion forward vision with her flowers.  She didn't what your classic romantic ball shape hand held with stems bouquet; she ordered exotic pink and red mokara orchids, red ranunculus, hot pink garden roses arranged in a freeform style.  I loved it!
I only wish I had more time to capture more pictures.


-Melissa Maas
Owner






Large Cylinder Vases with Candles Lined the Aisle

 






My Sisters!



 




My sister didn't want to overwhelm me because of the distance. She thought she was just getting a 24" cylinder vase with pink orchids strung.  She had no idea I was going to add flowers and curly willow branches to the top.
Her face was priceless with excitement!



 




No comments:

Post a Comment